F21 version is now ahead of rawhide version

Justin M. Forbes jforbes at redhat.com
Tue Oct 7 16:08:52 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-10-06 at 22:07 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> I don't think it is worth doing another build just for this, but if there is
> another 3.17 build in rawhide, it would be nice to use a release in the 400s
> so it stays ahead of the f21 version.

We actually want it to remain below the distro versions for a very
specific reason. People may choose to install kernels to get new
hardware support, we do not want to make it difficult to go back to
stable release kernels once the version they require has landed.

The problem of a release having a higher version than rawhide is very
rare, it basically could only happen when we rebase a branched
pre-release, and it will only last for a few days max. This just happens
to be one of those times.

Justin