[Nouveau] VGA resume & thaw & boot (wake up from S3 & S4 & boot from S5) broken 3.18

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 11:23:11 UTC 2014

On 21.10.2014 20:58, Erik Edwards wrote:
> I have similar experience on AMD A10 6800K / ASRock FM2A85X-ITX, it
> started with approximately kernel 3.12.5 ... F20 (I think, might be a
> bit off on the version), It specifically effected the HDMI monitor on a
> 3 monitor setup. To work around I wait until the display finishes
> switching to graphical screens, at which point the HDMI has no output.
> <crtl><alt><F2> (KDE and Gnome act the same in this issue) to switch to
> text mode, wait until finished switching, then power cycle the HDMI
> monitor. <alt><F1> to switch back to graphical mode and the system ran
> ok. Switching back to 3.11.xx series kernel made the regression disappear.
>
> May not be related, but has similar characteristics.
>
> -Erik

All this is similar for us, mortals. ;)

It seems sufficient, fundamentally broken only part of the module, and all the tricks in user space won't help.
Besides this one is in da fix[1], Ben just needs to push it in da mix[2].

poma

[1]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/nouveau/2014-October/019045.html
[2]