Building a kernel with a patch

Biggus Gazus earthwormgaz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 16:29:15 UTC 2014

You Sir, and are f**king legend! Yes, it was the trailing bloody space!

Thank you tons! I turned up a couple of similar threads on forums, it's
good that the answer to this is now public to save anyone else this
headache!

Now I get this ...

+ '[' '!' -f /home/rpmbuilder/rpmbuild/SOURCES/scarlett.patch ']'
Patch74912: scarlett.patch
+ case "$patch" in
+ patch -p1 -F1 -s
1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file sound/usb/mixer.c.rej
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n] n
Apply anyway? [n] n
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file
sound/usb/quirks-table.h.rej
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.FKUQlR (%prep)

So I probably need to adjust the patch, but it's progress.