3.17 for F21

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 14:38:52 UTC 2014

On 28.09.2014 16:29, Josh Boyer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Since everyone likes to keep asking, we're going to be moving F21 to
> 3.17 when it's released [1].  There is ample time before Beta to shake
> bugs out and sticking with 3.16 until GA would simply mean we're
> shipping a kernel that likely won't be supported at the time of
> release [2].
>
> josh

We need to make sure you are a human. Please solve the challenge below, and click the I'm a Human button to get a confirmation code. To make this process easier in the future, we recommend you enable Javascript.

> [1] Linus was originally hoping to release it this weekend, but I
> believe a 3.17-rc7 will come out instead.  We'll rebase when the final
> release is done.

La belle au bois dormant,
mainline: 	3.17-rc7 	2014-09-28

> [2] We may still run this risk, depending on slips and such but at
> least we'll be as current as possible.
>
> p.s. F20 will get a rebase likely around 3.17.1 or 3.17.2.  Be patient
> or upgrade to F21.  F19 is in zombie state and will track the 3.14.y
> longterm kernels until EOL (which can't come soon enough).

Broken resume & wifi, no thanks!

poma