[Fedora-legal-list] Ordnance Survey license

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Apr 3 12:07:29 UTC 2010

Regardless of arguments about whether or not map data belongs in
Fedora, I wonder what we think of the new Ordnance Survey OpenData
license?

http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/opendata/licence/docs/licence.pdf

It seems to be Free (as in Freedom) to my untrained eyes.

More about the map data release here:

http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/opendata/

They have a rather peculiar system for obtaining this data.  If you
are a UK citizen and resident, you can order (for free) a DVD
containing the data you select, which will be sent by snail mail to
your home.  I ordered the street map DVD for my local area just to see
what I'd get.

[OT for Fedora] Hopefully if the license above is free, we can pool
the data that people order together and make it available in some more
direct way.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v