[Fedora-legal-list] Request for Comments: Fedora Project Contributor Agreement Draft (Replacement for Fedora Individual Contributor License Agreement)

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 01:11:54 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Tom "spot" Callaway
<tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
> For some time now, Fedora has been working with Red Hat Legal to come up
> with a replacement for the Fedora Individual Contributor License
> Agreement (aka, the Fedora ICLA). As a result, the Fedora Project
> Contributor Agreement (FPCA) has been approved by Red Hat Legal, and is
> now being presented to the Fedora Community for comments and discussion.

Tom,

Since any choice of a single default license for code is likely to be
viewed by some as making some sort of a statement could you explain a
little bit about the rationale for selecting the MIT License variant
that was chosen as the initial default covering code contributions
that are submitted without license preference?

I presume Red Hat Legal is fine with any free license?! Who selected
the MIT License?

Thanks,
John