[Fedora-legal-list] Usage of the Fedora logo on Mono's download info site

Timur Kristóf timur at sch.bme.hu
Wed Apr 27 20:08:44 UTC 2011

Dear Legal team,

Christian Krause and myself would like to volunteer to maintain a page
for Fedora in Mono's download information site at
http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html

The people at the #mono IRC channel told me that any distribution can
request their own page in there in the "Mono for Unsupported or
Community-Supported Distribution" section. (Currently there is only some
info about Debian and Ubuntu, but I think Fedora deserves its page there
too.)

The page works in the following way:

- By default, it lists commercially supported distributions
- When clicking on the "Other" button (with Tux), the user gets to the
"Mono for Unsupported or Community-Supported Distribution" section
- In there, the logos and names of distributions appear and when
clicking on one, the user gets to a page which contains information
about how to get Mono on that distribution.

So, if we got such a page, clicking on the Fedora logo would allow the
user to get information about how to install Mono on Fedora.
I think this fits into
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/Trademark_guidelines#Usage_That_Does_Not_Require_Permission
but I'd still like to ask, since I'm not a lawyer and I'm not 100% sure.

If you are okay with this, we will request such a page from the Mono team.

Cheers,
Timur Kristóf