[Fedora-legal-list] fluxbox has CC-BY-NC-SA files

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 21:30:40 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Mamoru Tasaka
<mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp> wrote:
> (Sorry to Josh that I mail to you directly.. Resending to legal list)
>
> Josh Boyer wrote, at 02/26/2011 05:14 AM +9:00:
>> Looking at fluxbox I noticed that almost all of it's theme.cfg files
>> are licensed under CC-BY-NC-SA according to the headers:

>> Interestingly enough they point to the URL for the CC license that
>> doesn't have the Non-Commercial clause.

> Well, it seems that with fluxbox 1.3.0 the headers of these files (except
> for ostrich) are modified (to show that they are under CC-BY-SA) or
> the files are removed.

That is good to hear, but it doesn't solve the issue for F13, F14,
F15, and EPEL, which are all still using 1.1.

I wonder what the solution for existing branches is given that
upgrading to 1.3.0 might not be feasible for all of them, particularly
EPEL.

josh