[Fedora-legal-list] Documentation and header files seemingly without a license

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 10:22:37 UTC 2011

Hello All!

2011/1/15 lakshminaras2002 at gmail.com <lakshminaras2002 at gmail.com>:
> Hello Peter,
> I am reviewing erlang-skerl and the issue I am facing is similar to what
> Ville-Pekka reports. In this case, some of the c source/header files and
> erlang source files are without license headers.
> Could you ask upstream to include license headers in the source code files
> of both packages / or confirm the licensing of those files?

I already contacted Justin Sheeny, one of the upstream developers,
regarding legal status of the erlang-bitcask. He replied that these
files are indeed SSL 2.0 licensed, and the necessary headers will be
added to these files very soon (only in SCM - no tarballs with already
released versions will be recreated and re-released). Also he kindly
granted us permission to redistribute doc-file freely w/o
modifications. I hope that it's ok for content.

Regarding the rest of the files in question (in erlang-skerl and
possibly in some other Riak-related packages) - I'll try to figure out
which source-files still don't have a necessary legal info and I'll
notify upstream in a couple of days (or, at least, next week). Right
now I think I should add FE-LEGAL blocker to all the reviews in
question (to erlang-skerl and possibly to some others) , and will
unblock them as soon as I will get confirmation from upstream. I will
not add FE-LEGAL to erlang-bitcask since the issue was already
resolved.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.