[Fedora-legal-list] PublicDomain license: MonadCatchIO-mtl Haskell package

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 17:20:35 UTC 2011

Hi,

I had contacted upstream regarding PublicDomain license for Haskell
package MonadCatchIO-mtl [1] as mentioned at:

   http://www.mail-archive.com/legal@lists.fedoraproject.org/msg00380.html

The response is as follows:

=== REPLY ===

Hi

If I recall correctly, this package was built from gathering code
snippets that were posted by others on public mailing lists. Hence, I
consider it to be in the public domain and don't want to claim any
form of copyright on it (not even the claiming-and-releasing that, if
I understand correctly, the CC-0 license does).

If I understand correctly, if I don't claim to be the copyright
holder, I cannot provide you with a useful statement. Of course, I'm
not a lawyer and I don't have much experience with licensing issues,
so I'm open to more knowledgable advice.

Thanks
Daniel

Please let me know as to how we can proceed further?

Appreciate any inputs,

Thanks!

SK

[1] HackageDB. MonadCatchIO-mtl.