[Fedora-legal-list] Use of Fedora icons in Eclipse

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Jun 13 13:47:04 UTC 2011

On 06/08/2011 02:23 PM, Minoo Ziaei wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are developing an Eclipse plug-in [1], which uses an icon
> related to Fedora on the Welcome screen in Eclipse [2].
> We are wondering if this is OK, or if we would need to remove the icon.
> Previously, we had received permission for this part of plug-in [3].
> But this is a new part added to this plug-in.
>
> Currently, we are using /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/fedora-logo-icon.png as it
> comes with Fedora 15.

You may use the Fedora logo in this way, but only if you rename the
plugin from "Eclipse Fedora Packager" to call itself either just "Fedora
Packager" or "Fedora Packager for Eclipse."

The reasoning here is that this effort is not an Eclipse project so it
should not be branded as "Eclipse". The way you are naming it now makes
Fedora look like the sub-brand of Eclipse, and that is inappropriate.

Thanks,

~tom

==
Fedora Project