[Fedora-legal-list] Product logos in Boxes

Zeeshan Ali zeenix at redhat.com
Wed Feb 22 13:13:27 UTC 2012

On ke, 2012-02-22 at 10:11 +0100, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Zeeshan Ali <zeenix at redhat.com> wrote:
> > We are doing that already and that unfortunately doesn't make-up an
> > impressive UI at all. We really need to use the logos so what I'm asking
> > is that if there is *any* possibility to use them without removing the
> > workmark?
>
> Sorry for being naive here but... isn't asking permission to the
> trademark owner a viable path?

For Free OSs, it should be possible and thats what I'm trying to do
right now. For Microsoft OSs, I still haven't managed to find the right
contact. They have a "logo program" but that is about other products
getting the official compatibility sticker/logo. Even if i managed to
find the contact, I'm not very hopeful about them giving us permission.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali