[Fedora-legal-list] iozone license

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 15:02:56 UTC 2012

On 01/18/2012 03:07 AM, Dan HorĂ¡k wrote:
> I think the right to modify the code is missing (only the author can
> distribute modified code in the second sentence) making it non-free as a
> whole.

This is correct. The iozone license is non-free, I spent sometime trying
to convince the upstream to use a free license a few years ago, and they
did consider it, but they decided that since iozone is a benchmark
suite, they did not want anyone else to have the right to modify the
codebase.

~tom

==
Fedora Project