[Fedora-livecd-list] List of previous issues with livecd-tools which should be addressed

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Aug 13 20:32:00 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 13:21:15 -0700,
  Jasper Hartline <jasper.hartline at gmail.com> wrote:

> I suppose. But I've already been working on trying to get syslinux
> moved to the base DVD
> where someone doesn't require having to rsync the 20GB Everything tree
> to create LiveCDs.

You can create a local repo with just syslinux in it to work around this.

> I am not sure how a savings of 3MB really comes into play.

For some of the LiveCD images that much space is significant. For most of the
DVD images (other than perhaps games), it wouldn't be a big deal.

> > I thought that too, but syslinux-4.02-1.fc14.i686.rpm do require perl
> > according to http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/rpminfo?rpmID=2109166 ???
>
> Odd. Well. Here is what syslinux contains that are Perl scripts:

I think only some of the work needed for this has been completed. This is
one of the reasons some of the LiveCD images are currently oversized.