[Fedora-livecd-list] mkbackup as LiveOS doubles as mkclone was: Development of biarch live CD script.

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 04:23:08 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 11:48 PM, Jasper Hartline <jasper.hartline at gmail.com
> wrote:

> {...}
>
> I am not sure why you would create a backup of a LiveCD you created
> with livecd-creator, because you can simply re-use the kickstart file you
> had used already.

The important difference is that many people (end users, teachers, learners)
don't have the livecd-creator tools, kickstart file, and repositories
needed, or even Internet connectivity, to make an original build.  All they
have is their copy of a Live CD or Live USB image.

The proposed use case allows anyone to be a LiveOS image builder.

Thanks for your efforts and irc invitation.

       --Fred