[Fedora-livecd-list] booting LiveCD ISO using PXELINUX

Marc Herbert Marc.Herbert at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 09:45:42 UTC 2010

Le 03/12/2010 06:41, mammar a écrit :

> Can you kindly point me to some books/link etc where i can read
> about things like (initrd/initramfs, vmlinuz, kernel-booting etc)
> in detail.

I am afraid there is nothing as comprehensive as a book on this
topic. Instead you will probably have to gather information from a
large number of different sources. Here are a few random suggestions:

http://lwn.net/Articles/317793/ (rationale for Dracut)
sudo yum install kernel-doc; cd /usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-2.6.*/Documentation/; less initrd.txt filesystems/ramfs-rootfs-initramfs.txt
http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php

etc.