[Fedora-livecd-list] Adding packages to an existing iso

James Heather j.heather at surrey.ac.uk
Wed Feb 3 08:32:03 UTC 2010

Back in the reign of Henry VIII, there was an option to livecd-creator
to add a named package to an existing iso image ('--package'). Is there
just no way of doing this any more?

It is odd, because the '--base' option is still there. But I can't find
a way to use it sensibly. I've tried creating a kickstart file that just
reads

        %packages
        blither
        %end

and then run

        livecd-creator --base=existing.iso --config=extra.ks

but I get a moan about not having defined any repositories. Do I really
have to create a complete kickstart file just to add one package?
Intuitively the idea seems sensible: unpack the squashfs image
somewhere, chroot, yum install blither (using whatever repos are defined
inside the image), repack.

Ta.

James