[Fedora-livecd-list] Why copy initramfs prior to running post install scripts?

Marc Herbert Marc.Herbert at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 14:50:31 UTC 2010

Grant Williamson a écrit :

> Say I want to customze the background of plymouth charge on the livecd-
>
> /usr/share/plymouth/themes/charge/charge.plymouth
> Change the settings to
> BackgroundStartColor=0x000000
> BackgroundEndColor=0x000000
>
> [...]
>
> I totally agree %post should run as last, however in the case of a live
> image creation the initrd0.img gets copied out of the install
> environment prior to %post getting run. Kind of defeats the purpose of
> %post, if I am not mistaken.

%post as I understand it is conceptually designed to act on objects
already built, not to change the way objects are built (which is the role
of %pre).

I do not have any "%pre" solution to suggest but I am quite confident
that you can go and override the files inside the initrd.img cpio
archive file thanks to "%post --nochroot".