[Fedora-livecd-list] Adding packages to an existing iso

J.Heather at surrey.ac.uk J.Heather at surrey.ac.uk
Wed Feb 17 15:36:46 UTC 2010

> On 02/03/2010 03:32 AM, James Heather wrote:
> >
> > Intuitively the idea seems sensible: unpack the squashfs image
> > somewhere, chroot, yum install blither (using whatever repos are
> defined
> > inside the image), repack.
>
> A while Ago I posted a script to the list that does just this:
>
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/livecd/attachments/20090922/85
> 647312/attachment.py
>

> I am still looking for feed back on this script. I would like to see
> something like this included in livecd-tools, especially now that there
> seems to be some interest in this.

Ah, that's great. I wasn't subscribed at that point so I missed it. I'll have a look.

It occurs to me that there's a more general way of doing this that might also be useful, which is to rebuild the squashfs image by combining it with the persistent overlay. In other words, inject the overlay contents into the squashfs and repack.

James