[Fedora-livecd-list] Time it takes to review bug/patch in bugzilla?

Jasper Hartline jasper.hartline at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 15:59:06 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 6:16 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Jasper Hartline
> <jasper.hartline at gmail.com> wrote:
>> A major patch we need though right now is umounts/rpmdb closing when
>> something fails.
>> It is a major issue.
>
> That's definitely out of my league. Out of curiosity, what part/script
> of the livecd-tools touches the rpmdb?

When packages are deployed to teh fake root to create the LiveCD
the yum parts may leave the RPM database open if you for example,
ctrl-c while packages are installing to switch to another mirror and it dies.
It'll raise an exception and say it can't unmount
/var/tmp/install_root because the rpm database is
open still. So what ends up happening if you for example kill
livecd-creator a few times
and maybe your repo is incorrect in your ks file once or twice
you get a big huge mess of no loop devices available and mounts in
/var/tmp/install_root
where I have seen livecd-creator won't even run again cause it can't
do any bind mounts.
Leaves old mounts behing, just really ugly.

This is a simple fix but as far as I know astokes dhuff and bruno who
are members of this list
can commit your patches. Maybe send the patches you have again attached here?
Ask them to commit these directly?