[Fedora-livecd-list] Booting live usb stick off iMac

James Heather j.heather at surrey.ac.uk
Fri Jul 9 19:48:21 UTC 2010

Thanks Scott/Stewart.

Well, I did get some way. I got past the grub screen, but the display
was so corrupted from the graphical loading screen onwards, including
when switching to text mode, that it seemed more hassle than it was
worth.

Possibly I could get somewhere if I mucked about enough, but I won't be
here long enough to warrant too much investigation.

(I'm sitting in an office with an iMac with a gorgeous 24" screen and a
horrible proprietary operating system. I was hoping to use Fedora on
it... the screen is built into the machine, though, so no chance of
disentangling it and attaching it to my laptop.)

James