[Fedora-livecd-list] Help with a problem I am seeing when trying to build a liveCD for FC13

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jul 14 15:50:22 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 09:33:21 -0500,
  Jim Galarowicz <jeg at krellinst.org> wrote:

> So, what you are saying might have happened, is that the order of
> the packages to be installed may have changed and now I'm hitting
> packages that don't have the requirement specified for coreutils and
> that is the cause of the initial failures I'm seeing?

Yes.

> Is there a workaround to use while the packages are being (bug)
> reported on?   Is there a way to force coreutils to the top of the
> install list?

Probably there is some package you could add that would cause this to happen,
but I don't know a good way to determine one.

It might be easier to start fixing the packages locally and build using
the local repo in addition to the normal ones. There is a reasonable chance
that fixing one of the packages will make things work.

The fix is pretty easy, so it shouldn't be hard to do (compared to making
custom spins).

> /home/jeg/OpenSpeedShop/liveOSS/INSTALL/localhost.localdomain/
> there are no rpm-tmp.nnnnn files being created there.   Not sure
> why.  I see older tmp files there from previous runs that worked a
> few days ago.

This might be a cascading error. Try fixing the other stuff first and then
worry about it if it is still present.