[Fedora-livecd-list] Help: How to enable rootfs in rw mode?

Lee Eric openlinuxsource at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 10:27:36 UTC 2010

Alan,

Thanks your reply. And here's /etc/sysconfig/readonly-root file
contents I created.

# Set to 'yes' to mount the system filesystems read-only.
READONLY=no
# Set to 'yes' to mount various temporary state as either tmpfs
# or on the block device labelled RW_LABEL. Implied by READONLY
TEMPORARY_STATE=yes
# Place to put a tmpfs for temporary scratch writable space
RW_MOUNT=/var/lib/stateless/writable
# Label on local filesystem which can be used for temporary scratch space
RW_LABEL=stateless-rw
# Options to use for temporary mount
RW_OPTIONS=
# Label for partition with persistent data
STATE_LABEL=stateless-state
# Where to mount to the persistent data
STATE_MOUNT=/var/lib/stateless/state
# Options to use for peristent mount
STATE_OPTIONS=

So obviously STATE_MOUNT I have set up. In this file is there any
option I need to change? You mean I could change this option properly
then /etc can unmount cleanly? And could you show me a link for
ovirt-node? I didn't find that.

Thanks very much.

Regards,

Eric