[Fedora-livecd-list] Review request for --skipcopy patches

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Jul 26 13:09:50 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 04:01:02 -0400,
  Frederick Grose <fgrose at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 2:17 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
>
> 2. Repairing boot configuration files on an already-installed LiveUSB image.
>
> For use #2, one would test for the existence of the overlay file on the
> target device, rather than the existence of a request for a new overlay
> (because $overlaysizemb is set only by the command line option
> --overlay-size-mb <size>, which is the way one requests a new, persistent
> overlay).
>
> So to include an existing overlay reference on an image needing a new boot
> configuration file, one could simply invoke the --skipcopy option---without
> needing also to include a, perhaps counterintuitive, request for a new,
> persistent overlay.  This, of course, means that the variable $OVERFILE must
> be set without the new overlay request (which the attached patch provides).

In that case don't you want to test that --skipcopy is set as well as
the existence of the file?

Is it possible to show that if both --skipcopy and --overlay-size-mb are not
used, that it is not possible to have that file exist?

If it is , then I think a comment noting that would be nice. If it isn't
then I think you need to modify the test to something like
if [ \("$overlaysizemb" -gt 0 -o -z "$skipcopy" \) -a -s $USBMNT/$LIVEOS/$OVERFILE ]; then

I'll try to check for responses to this today so we can work this by tonight.
I want to get a new livecd-tools tagged and built tonight ahead of the alpha
freeze.