[Fedora-livecd-list] livecd-creator -f "volname" creates broken /dev/live in the resulting live CD

Aaron Cohen aaron at assonance.org
Tue Jul 27 19:37:01 UTC 2010

When creating a livecd using "livecd-creator -f volname" both the CD volume
and the root squashfs image get a label of "volname" which confuses udev and
the /etc/udev/rules.d/99-live-mount.rules script. It expects only the
correct device to have the expected label.

The result is that if I "rdbreak" and look at the ramdisk, /dev/live
correctly points to my CD-device, but if I let boot continue /dev/live
points to /dev/dm-1.

The attached patch (to /usr/lib/python2.6/imgcreate/fs.py) fixes the problem
for me, by appending "root" to the label of the created partition which
ensures that the two usages are always distinct, but there is probably a
better way.

-- Aaron