[Fedora-livecd-list] UDF filesystem for the ISO image?

Marc Herbert Marc.Herbert at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 16:17:58 UTC 2010

Hi all,

  This following might be naive - thanks in advance to just tell me if
it is.

I used to "convert the ISO image to a USB image using
livecd-iso-to-disk. After upgrading to Fedora 13, I thought at first
that this conversion could now be avoided since the ISO image can now
also be used on USB. But there is a caveat: the filesystem being
read-only ISO9660, it is not possible to write on such a USB stick
(whereas my previous conversion technique allows that).

Now here is the crazy idea: would it be feasible to get the best of
both worlds by switching to a read-write filesystem like UDF for
instance?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Marc