[Fedora-livecd-list] Issue 635750 Re: Help with a problem I am seeing when trying to build a liveCD for FC13

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Oct 27 02:38:28 UTC 2010

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> The size of the image is also relavent. The file system that packages
> are being installed to is a fixed size based on what your kickstart
> file (or one it inlcudes) says. If that space is used up things won't
> work (though I don't remember the exact symptoms) even if there is
> space on the outer file system.

I definitely concur with Bruno as for my remix I install about 1,700 packages and had to increase the disk size for the image in the .ks file to 8GB... as seen below:

part / --size 8192 --fstype ext4

I've had to gradually increase it over time as I've added packages... and I've actually run out of room a few times during the build.  I believe in the error messages it actually says the filesystem is full but I don't really remember.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street