[Fedora-livecd-list] livecd-iso-to-disk ignores persistent home

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Sun Sep 26 21:18:28 UTC 2010

Darren Albers <dalbers at gmail.com> writes:

> I tested it by telling livecd-creator to launch a shell after it built
> the image and install it via  yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update
> dracut
>
> Unfortunately that did not resolve the issue for me.   Anyone else who
> can test and verify as well would be good.

I managed to produce a respin with updates-testing enabled, and hence
with dracut 005.4. The USB stick produced by livecd-iso-to-disk
correctly mounts the persistent overlay and (encrypted) home.
I tested with VirtualBox and a real PC,

For me, this fixes the problems.

I cannot formally conclude that upgrading dracut to 005.4 is the
solution, it may be one of the other packages that have updates pending
in updates-testing...

-- Johan