[Fedora-livecd-list] Preconfigured liveCD

Darren Albers dalbers at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 14:30:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 5:35 AM, Chris Robson <Chris.Robson at nrl.navy.mil> wrote:

> All
>
> I would like to create a LiveCD with preconfigured files.  For example,
> ifcfg-eth0 set to specific values, custom services file (aka
> /etc/init.d/myservice), custom
> /etc/sysconfig/network/vncservers/iptables files.  Is there examples of
> how to do that or some docs on how?  All I see on the LiveCD webpage is
> how to build a LiveCD using the LiveCD tools.
>
> Thanks
> Chris
> --

I can't say that these are the correct way but I know of two options:
1)  You can add it to the %post section of the kickstart file.   For
example you can do:
cat >> /path/to/file << FOE
text to add to file
more text
FOE

2) If you use --shell on livecd-creator you will get a shell at the
end of the build that you can use to make custom changes.

Thank you!