[Fedora-livecd-list] Boot over NFS/PXE

Francesco Frassinelli fraph24 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 00:21:21 UTC 2011

Hi all,
I need to boot a livecd on some hard disk less clients. I tried to use
livecd-iso-to-pxe, but in my case it unacceptable to load the whole iso
into initrd (the iso is not small).
I made a custom livecd adding dracut-network package, I mounted
squashfs/root image, exported with nfs, and I've tried to boot the clients
with root=nfs:192.168.1.50:/home/frafra/root/ selinux=0, but Fedora gives
me many errors because it can't write on it.
I found this old thread
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.livecd/4261 but it
doesn't work for me.
Is there a way to get a livecd behaviour with this nfs directory? Or can I
combine the isolinux.cfg livecd options with
root=nfs:192.168.1.50:/home/frafra/
(where it could found the iso or the mounted iso)?
I'm using dnsmasq with its internal tftp server, which gives vmlinuz0 and
initrd0.img (copied from livecd), pxelinux.0 and a configuration file with
the above root=nfs:[...] selinux=0 options.

Thanks,
Francesco Frassinelli