[Fedora-livecd-list] livecd-creator arbitrary fsck errors

Ls Wol ls_wol at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 13:01:42 UTC 2012

Hi

I have a huge problem building a RHEL6 LiveCD/DVD.
This happend on two different virtual machines I used to build a LiveCD, thats why I'm writing to this list.

Setup: Clean RHEL6.2 Install, >30GB free space available.
Aim: RHEL6 LiveCD with some extra packages.

After a few successfull builds (3 - 4, sometimes after 1) livecd-creator stops working.
If I try to build a LiveCD I always get the following error:

Error creating Live CD : fsck after resize returned an error!  image to debug at /tmp/resize-image-ZJgv1q

I try to build the LiveCD with the following line:

livecd-creator -c fedora-livecd-desktop.ks -f rhel6-live -t /var/tmp/rhel6-live/ --cache /var/cache/rhel6-live/ -d -v --logfile=/root/spin-kickstarts-kundrak/rhel6-live.log

I run the commandline within a simple shellscript which exports LANG=C prior to starting livecd-creator as I read on an old post on this list, that this could be an issue.

Because it drove me nuts, I (manually) logged the configuration (added packages, changed settings) of my runs on the second machine. I thought this would be a good idea because then I'm able to revert my steps and always have a working base-configuration. But even when I'm reverting my last step after it stopped working, it still doesn't work and breaks with the same error.
Between the runs, I cleaned the cache & tmp dir and even did reboots. But still no luck.

It can't be the repo configuration or other stuff like the part size etc., because when it runs without an error, I cant boot the livecd and all extra packages I included are available.

Why is it sometimes working and why not?

Do you have any suggestions? I really appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Alex

Here is the error from livecd-creator:

umount: /var/tmp/rhel6-live/imgcreate-lIbnh_/install_root: device is busy.
        (In some cases useful info about processes that use
         the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1))
Unmounting directory /var/tmp/rhel6-live/imgcreate-lIbnh_/install_root failed, using lazy umount
lazy umount succeeded on /var/tmp/rhel6-live/imgcreate-lIbnh_/install_root
loop: can't delete device /dev/loop2: Device or resource busy
e2fsck 1.41.12 (17-May-2010)
_rhel6-live: recovering journal
Pass 2: Checking directory structure
Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity
Pass 4: Checking reference counts
Pass 5: Checking group summary information

_rhel6-live: ***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
_rhel6-live: 97630/196608 files (0.1% non-contiguous), 611369/786432 blocks
e2image 1.41.12 (17-May-2010)
resize2fs 1.41.12 (17-May-2010)
Resizing the filesystem on /var/tmp/rhel6-live/imgcreate-lIbnh_/tmp-bUcK4E/ext3fs.img to 617874 (4k) blocks.
The filesystem on /var/tmp/rhel6-live/imgcreate-lIbnh_/tmp-bUcK4E/ext3fs.img is now 617874 blocks long.

e2fsck 1.41.12 (17-May-2010)
_rhel6-live: recovering journal
The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 786432 blocks
The physical size of the device is 617874 blocks
Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!
Abort? yes

/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/imgcreate/errors.py:45: DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message has been deprecated as of Python 2.6
  return unicode(self.message)

Here is the full output of my (debug enabled) log:

Extending sparse file /var/tmp/rhel6-live/imgcreate-lIbnh_/tmp-bUcK4E/ext3fs.img to 3221225472
Mounting /dev/loop2 at /var/tmp/rhel6-live/imgcreate-lIbnh_/install_root
No such package java-1.6.0-openjdk-plugin to remove
No such package mpage to remove
No such package ibus-pinyin-open-phrase to remove
No such package constantine-backgrounds-extras to remove
No such package specspo to remove
No such package system-config-rootpassword to remove
No such package evolution-help to remove
No such package gnome-games-help to remove
No such package desktop-backgrounds-basic to remove
No such package system-config-boot to remove
No such package system-config-network to remove
Unmounting directory /var/tmp/rhel6-live/imgcreate-lIbnh_/install_root
Unmounting directory /var/tmp/rhel6-live/imgcreate-lIbnh_/install_root failed, using lazy umount
lazy umount succeeded on /var/tmp/rhel6-live/imgcreate-lIbnh_/install_root
Losetup remove /dev/loop2
Checking filesystem /var/tmp/rhel6-live/imgcreate-lIbnh_/tmp-bUcK4E/ext3fs.img
Checking filesystem /var/tmp/rhel6-live/imgcreate-lIbnh_/tmp-bUcK4E/ext3fs.img
Error creating Live CD : fsck after resize returned an error!  image to debug at /tmp/resize-image-TxijRK