[Fedora-livecd-list] errors in creating an image

Gareth academicgareth at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 11:21:30 UTC 2013

Hi, Socct

I debug the codes and have new questions.
There's no live cd grub because:
 (imgcreate/live.py)
 557
 558     def __get_image_stanzas(self, isodir):
 559         kernels = self._get_kernel_versions()               <==== here
return empty dict: {}
 560         kernel_options = self._get_kernel_options()
 561         checkisomd5 = self._has_checkisomd5()

AND
(imgcreate/creater.py function _get_kernel_versions defined here)
278             version = None
279             for f in header['filenames']:
280                 if f.startswith('/boot/vmlinuz-'):
281                     version = f[14:]
282             return version
283
284         ts = rpm.TransactionSet(self._instroot)
285
286         ret = {}
287         for header in ts.dbMatch('provides', 'kernel'):  <=====
ts.dbMatch.count is 0 (so no header and empty ret)
288             version = get_version(header)
289             if version is None:
290                 continue
291
292             name = header['name']
293             if not name in ret:
294                 ret[name] = [version]
295             elif not version in ret[name]:
296                 ret[name].append(version)
297
298         return ret

I tried to understand what's rpm.TransactionSet here, but I found this is
imported from a .so file.
I have no idea to find where the source codes of this 'ts'

BTW, the value of self._instroot is '/var/tmp/imgcreate_asdda/install_root'
and my kickstart file is standard I think:
lang en_US.UTF-8
keyboard us
timezone US/Eastern
auth --useshadow --enablemd5
selinux --enforcing
firewall --disabled
part / --size 1024

repo --name=development --mirrorlist=
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide&arch=$basearch

%packages
@standard

%end

My package version is 18.15 and run in new installed fedora 18