[Fedora-livecd-list] F18: not mounting persistent home

James Heather j.heather at surrey.ac.uk
Sun Feb 3 23:11:40 UTC 2013

Just rebuilt my F17 live USB with F18. It seems fine, except that
something weird is happening with mounting persistent /home. It asks for
the password, but then seems to carry on more or less immediately
without waiting for me to type it in. The consequence is that /home
doesn't get unencrypted and mounted.

The problem seems to be in /etc/rc.d/init.d/livesys. That's where the
password prompting happens, and nothing after that line gets executed.
I'd added a line to the end of that file to create a 'james' user, and
in F17, it got executed fine; but it's now never reaching that point.

I can Ctrl-Alt-F2, log in as root, manually mount /home, and manually
create the 'james' user, but that's not much fun. I'd have to do the
mounting bit every time.

Any clues?

James