[Fedora-livecd-list] livecd-iso-to-disk.sh and extension size

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Mon Jul 15 19:57:31 UTC 2013

| From: Brian C. Lane <bcl at redhat.com>
|
| On Sat, Jul 06, 2013 at 03:06:00PM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
|
| > Why didn't it use ext[34]?  Reading the script, I found the answer: I
| > hadn't installed the systlinux-extlinux package on my host system.
| > There was no message to this effect.
|
| How did you install it? The rpm requires /sbin/extlinux so normally it
| should already be installed?

It looks like you aren't going to accept my patch to warn when
/sbin/extlinux isn't present.  Fair enough: "Can't happen".

If it cannot happen, I recommend that you remove the "-o ! -x
/sbin/extlinux" from
    elif [ -n "$usemsdos" -o ! -x /sbin/extlinux ]; then

That way an error message will be generated by the shell in the impossible
case (that would have helped me).  And the script becomes simpler.