[Fedora-livecd-list] overlay exhaustion solution ???

John.Florian at dart.biz John.Florian at dart.biz
Thu Feb 13 14:38:53 UTC 2014

I just had interesting (or incredibly stupid) idea concerning the critical
limitation of the live overlays where the host crashes with bus errors
when the temporary space for the COW is exhausted.  Is it possible to use
trim/discard support to mitigate some of the unidirectional growth for
when files are deleted and/or overwritten?  Conceptually it seems like it
is a good fit, but I've not investigated the practicality.  Just curious
if this has been explored or if there are easily known reasons why this
wouldn't work.

--
John Florian