Zikula Meeting Recap 2009-08-12

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Thu Aug 13 05:50:14 UTC 2009

>> 9) Do we have a formal requirements for each of the groups?  If yes,
>> where are they documented?

FWIW, the current specs for Fedora Insight (from Marketing) are always
up at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Insight#Platform_specs.2Frequirements.

Note that these specs haven't been prioritized/triaged yet, so it's
possible we might be able to work with a super-minimalist zikula that
could do just these three things:

* post articles to a permanent human-readable URL (like
http://whatever-domain-name.org/yyyy/mm/dd/title-of-article, or any
other standard schema Infrastructure might like)
* tag articles
* spit out feeds of articles (preferably one feed per tag + one feed
with everything)

(and a 4th one, "look pretty." But I'm assuming that it's skinnable no
matter what.)

I'm not very familiar with what zikula can do and so I'm a bit hazy on
following the discussion on why it's a no-(definite)-go for F12, but if
some group actively using a minimalistic zikula setup during F12 would
be useful as a stepping-stone to getting the full list of requirements
for docs.fp.o (and other instances) going for F13, we're happy to serve
as guinea pigs. Might this be an option, or are the blockers things that
won't go away if we scale down to getting up a much much simpler instance?

--Mel