Reminder: Zikula Meeting 2009-07-29 @ 15:00 UTC (11 AM EDT)

satya komaragiri satya.komaragiri at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 19:39:32 UTC 2009

Hello,

I am very sorry, I could only check my email now. I am leaving for
Pune to join Red Hat on Saturday morning so my schedule is a bit
topsy-turvy right now. I will definitely be more regular from Monday.

2009/7/29 Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com>:

> Agreed, on the schedule as non-blocking.
>
> Satya has been working like mad but a little too isolated.  I'd like
> us to see if we can integrate her schedule so that we are beholden to
> keep track of each other.  So, non-blocking but maybe we can insert it
> as a dependency *as if it were blocking*.  I'd like to get the Docs
> Team a bit more beholden to tracking and testing the progress of the
> DocBook editor work.  (We've been remiss in not responding to testing
> requests and such in a timely manner.)  At the same time, I'd like to
> get Satya tied in her mind to this schedule so she is dropping status
> updates to this list (as well as f-docs-l), etc.

Sure, I can send my updates on this list too. I am attaching the
latest tarball with this mail. One can also use the demo at [1] to
check it out. Currently you can't save the doc created as a file
(which is what I am working on right now). For the time being the work
around is to go to the XML view, select all and paste to a text
editor. The latest version can be obtained from by cloning from
tuxfamily.org [2].

I was somewhat stagnated due to developing an application only from a
developer's point of view. It would be great if people pool in with
some suggestions on how I can make it usable. After this week I will
be able to be regular again for the last stretch of GSoC and of course
continue contribution/maintenance on this. It would be great to work
alongside Zikula team and learn some PHP skills too (current PHP code
is sub par).

Regards,
Satya

[1] Demo: http://dev.gentooexperimental.org/~n9986/beacon/editor/
[2] git clone git://git.tuxfamily.org/gitroot/beacon/trunk.git