Insight for post-GA

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 19:00:41 UTC 2010

OK, referencing our meeting minutes here:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-mktg/2010-04-22/fedora_insight.2010-04-22-18.01.txt

Insight is not ready as of our go/no-go meeting this afternoon, and
based on our self-imposed production schedule, we are going to target
post-GA for this work.

However, I am still concerned about an issue that's plagued us since
we started, which is that as a group, it doesn't seem like we're
developing our skills at *solving* problems on the Zikula platform.

We've been extremely fortunate to have some wonderful people from the
Zikula community who are spending time helping us fix problems when we
run into them.  To what extent is that collaboration helping them?
Are we going to approach a point where they are expending much more
effort than what they're getting in return?  What does that mean for
sustainability?

These are hard questions.  I'm not proposing that we simply not work
on Insight.  It's a worthwhile effort many people have said they want,
and would increase the visibility and depth of content we could offer
a lot of different types of users and the public at large, in a way
our wiki can't.

We also don't have to halt work on the remaining tickets by any means.
Are there some alternatives we should pursue at the same time?