Fixing the remaining Infrastructure Blockers

Paul Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 02:22:37 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 3:10 AM, Mel Chua <mel at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 01/30/2010 11:23 AM, Simon Birtwistle wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I've been pinging a few people I know in the Zikula community about our main
>> content module on Fedora Insight, PageMaster.  It just so happens the
>> developer is actively working on it now, fixing our issues and making many
>> improvements.
>
> IRC convo:
>
> Mel: is there a link to the forum/list/whatever thread where the
> upstream work is happening? I'd love to be able to see a bit of that so
> we can (1) know who to thank, and (2) know where to point Fedora folks
> who might be interested in working upstream.
>
> Simon: So almost all Zikula developers hang out on Zikula-discussions,
> developer names tend to be put on project pages at code.zikula.org e.g
> code.zikula.org/pagemaster. Those developers are almost always on
> zikula-discussions, and their work comes up from time to time.
>
>> If we can run off the SVN copy of PageMaster until he makes a formal release
>> (which we can then get packaged and deployed) we should see our remaining
>> issues disappear.

This shouldn't be a problem -- our packaging guidelines do allow for
pre-release versions, just some specific formatting of the release tag
is needed:
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:NamingGuidelines#Non-Numeric_Version_in_Release

>> Meanwhile, I am on IRC now and hope to be meeting hiemanshu later to discuss
>> the remaining design blockers.
>
> Thanks for all your help, Simon and Hiemanshu! From reading my
> backscroll later tonight (I'm at a FAD this weekend, so I've mostly just
> been reading and keeping up with Fedora Insight conversations going by)
> it sounds like we're making solid headway here - I'll be taking a pass
> through the status of Fedora Insight before our next Marketing so we
> continue to have a clear picture of where things stand and how each of
> us can move them forward.

Simon, sorry that all our respective schedules didn't work out last
week. This coming week I'm sure we can arrange an online rendezvous
successfully. :-)

Paul