Drupal Versioning in EPEL

Sven Lankes sven at lank.es
Fri Oct 15 13:56:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 08:42:06AM -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:

> I like all of this.  I can understand aesthetically why we should rename
> drupal to drupal6 in preparation for drupal7, but my laziness says we
> could leave it alone and just do drupal7 when it's ready.
> Even though the rename would be needed for the base package and all the
> modules, and would be a bit of a pain, but it would make the maintenance
> and cross porting of modules between Fedora and EPEL simpler.

I like this too (but I would say we do it now rather than later).

But I wonder if we should asked fesco about naming and multiple
concurrent versions as doing so is generally frowned upon in
Fedora-land.

> Maybe we do this only in rawhide?

Yeah - touching F12-F14 now sounds like a bad idea. If we get the
rename done soonish, I would hold back the new modules I've packaged and
only put them in F15 and Rawhide after the rename is done.

I'm happy to do the rename reviews.

sven === jabber/xmpp: sven at lankes.net