Why Aggregator?

Peter Borsa peter.borsa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 12:42:27 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 11:20:35PM +0200, Peter Borsa wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Why do you use Aggregator(core module) instead of Feeds?
>> Feed is more powerful imho. Managing News, which is an aggregator
>> engine, uses this module.
>>
>> Managing News: http://managingnews.com
>> Feeds: http://drupal.org/project/feeds
>
> Feeds does look more powerful.  Can you describe how we would use that
> to achieve some of the goals in our project plan?
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Insight_project_plan
>
> --
> Paul W. Frields                                http://paul.frields.org/
>  gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233  5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
>  http://redhat.com/   -  -  -  -   http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
>          Where open source multiplies: http://opensource.com

Hi!

Well, Feeds replaces the aggregator module of core, absolutely. Imho
the Feeds projects page on drupal.org speaks for itself.
http://drupal.org/project/feeds
http://drupal.org/node/622696

This is not more than an aggregator module. The aggregator module of
core has very limited ability.
--
Peter Borsa