FUDCon website

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Jul 18 18:58:56 UTC 2011

On 07/18/2011 02:51 PM, inode0 wrote:
> if existing resources are
> unwilling to reallocate around the inclusion of Drupal I'm not very
> optimistic about it ever getting off the ground in a long-term
> sustainable way.

As the guy at Red Hat who asks for those resources, I can say that I did
not have "ask for a warm body to be responsible for Drupal" on my
wishlist at all. Partly because I didn't believe that we had a
significant Drupal deployment, aside from Fedora Insight.

Now, it is always possible that the case could be made that if we had a
full time person working on Drupal deployments in Fedora Infrastructure
we'd have more Drupal deployments, but I'm not sure I can get an
approved position on that logic. Its a bit weird, I admit, but it almost
needs to be a place where the community says "We really want to do $FOO
and $BAR, with $BAZ and $QUX as benefits, but we need someone to be
responsible for it."

Given our existing deployments, it would make more sense for me to ask
for a TurboGears developer position, as opposed to Drupal.

~tom

==
Fedora Project