FUDCon website

tuxdna tuxdna at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 07:01:57 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/18/2011 10:54 AM, tuxdna wrote:
>> Let us host the static pages immediately. We need hosting space for the same.
>
> A number of us had a discussion in #fedora-admin and #fedora-websites
> and http://fudcon.fedoraproject.org is setup now.  The plan is to use
> region specific url  such as http://fudcon.fedoraproject.org/APAC for
> the different FUDCon's and archive them by year later
> (fudcon.fedoraproject.org/2011/Pune for instance).   Saleem,  you now
> have commit access to fedora-web.git and can upload content there.  I
> will work with you on the content and you can reuse the design from
> Tatica.   If anyone from FUDCon Milan team is interested in this now,
> let me know  (mether in #fedora-india) and I would be happy to
> coordinate with you.

This is really good news. Thanks to all who have put up efforts to make
it into a good shape. I will make relevant changes to the designs sent by
Tatica.

> Once the static content is in place, we can reach out to sponsors but we
> are working on packaging funnel
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Funnel

Kushal is taking care of that.

> This can handle voting of talks but not many of the other things like
> COD can.  We can evaluate between these two options later and I will
> file a RFR when needed.

Now that we have selected Funnel [1] for voting, and COD[2] will take
enormous amount of time to put live ( which includes its configuration,
packaging, review and deployment ),  I will focus on the static web pages.

Later part of the plan is to make a dynamic fedora related events site.

/tuxdna

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Funnel
[2] usecod.com