[Insight] drupal6-authfas and drupal 7 port

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 17:43:09 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 07:12:49PM +0200, Peter Borsa wrote:
> Hello Paul!
>
> I would like to ask something, Kevin (nirik) reported me that there is
> a cron error from Insight and I tried to fix that but I cannot.
[...snip...]

> "    # Restore following two stanzas when D7 ports are ready
>
>     drupal7::featurerepo { 'insight':
>         extramodname => 'fedora-insight-features',
>         extramodurl =>
> 'git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-insight-features.git',
>         extramodbranch => 'd7-devel',
>     }
>
>     drupal7::themerepo { 'insight':
>         extrathemename => 'fedora-insight-theme',
>         extrathemeurl => 'git://git.fedorahosted.org/fedora-insight-theme.git',
>         extrathemebranch => 'd7-devel',
>     }
>
>     drupal7::featurerepo { 'insight':
>         extramodname => 'drupal6-authfas',
>         extramodurl => 'git://git.fedorahosted.org/drupal6-authfas.git',
>         extramodbranch => 'd7work',
>     }
> "
>
> I think it would be better, if we would use one Feature repository
> that's why what do you think about we push the drupal 7 port of
> drupal6-authfas module to "fedora-insight-features" repository? Or do
> we create a new drupal7-authfas repository on fedorahosted?

Replying to logistics list to keep things transparent ;-)

Well, you *could* in theory put the D7 version of the authfas module
in 'fedora-insight-features'.  But I think it might be hard to find
there in case someone comes looking for it.

Perhaps better would be to make a new 'drupal7-authfas' project and
simply clone the git history there?  If the 'd7work' branch in
'drupal6-authfas' is where the new code lives currently, you could
just make that branch the new 'master' for a new 'drupal7-authfas'
project.  I'm not a git wizard but it sounds do-able.

Helpful opinions appreciated!