Fedora Insight: Calendar use cases Hackfest @ FUDCon 2012 Sunday, Jan. 14 @ 0900

Pascal Calarco pvcalarco at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jan 3 21:28:29 UTC 2012

Hi folks -

The Fedora Insight team has been working on some of the use cases for a project-wide calendar[1].  These ideas stemmed out of some IRC discussion when we found out about the Fedora Calendar needs that Clint Savage and Adam Williamson articulated[2] some time ago.

So, what we would like to accomplish during FUDCon Blacksburg later this month is to meet with you folks -- some representative stakeholders who will be attending FUDCon - and see if we have all of the requirements for the use cases captured adequately.  We would like to invite you, as a group, to the Hackfest at 0900 on Sunday, January 15 during FUDCon Blacksburg[3].

We are going to tackle the near-term use cases first:

1) Fedora Team Meetings:   For any given Fedora Project team, any CLA-signed member of the Project will be able to check availability and schedule IRC meeting rooms on irc.freenode.net.
User will be able to filter on team, as well as other Fedora event and other happenings, such as release schedule.

2) Fedora Release Schedule: For Fedora releases beginning with x, Insight will provide ability to enter key dates for upcoming release cycle milestones.  User will be able to filter on team, as well as other Fedora event and other happenings, such as team meetings.

3) Fedora Events: For Fedora Events[4], any CLA-signed member of the Project will be able to enter upcoming Fedora Event details into the Calendar.  User will be able to filter on Region for events, as well as other happenings, such as release schedule and team meetings.

Could you please let us know if you will be able to join us for perhaps a one hour discussion of the above use cases?

Thanks!

Yours in Fedora (Insight),

    Peter Borsa
    Pascal Calarco