[Insight] Yesterday meeting

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 21:15:53 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 06:26:01PM -0430, MarĂ­a Leandro wrote:
> I think we can do it all Paul, let's just figure it out where to start. :)
>
> Reading logs from our meeting I tried to manage a list of things that
> calendar should have. This pretty much resume what everyone want/need (I
> think) and simplify a bit the reading of the huge log.
>
> Pls, tell me what you think. If this is correct, I will start writing a
> post/mail letting people know that we need Drupal-ninjas (ninjas are
> design... so maybe cowboys?) to help us with specific modules that we can
> easily integrate without need to work everyone at the same time.

Drupalistas?

> Please, let me know if I miss anything important.
>
> *
> General Page:*
> Log in/out calendar view
> Filters based on location
> Filters based on team (or interest)
> List by events/meetings/schedules
> List by team/location
>
> *User page:*
> Personal Calendar
> Options to change between calendar lenght (daily, weekly, monthly)
> Filters based on location
> Filters based on team (or interest)
> Calendar Scroll by month (not bigger views) (maybe add a smaller next-prev
> month on a side)
> Match with -FAS?- to allow users add entries OR send a form to leader with
> notes.

Yes, we can do this based on FAS.  Our plugin lets us tell whether
someone is cla_done already.  If we want to make this CLA +1, it
wouldn't be difficult to code; I'd be willing to do the work.

> Checkbox for groups selection

> timeline showing where you are (maybe a red line on a particular hour?)
> Items on time
>
> *General Data:*
> How to insert data? (manual, rss from some amazing rbergeron .ics? rss from
> wiki?)

I don't think there's an RSS for this, but we should be able to import
from .ics, right?  (Peter may know, I'm not sure.)

> Auto update against -something-

It's possible for a date to move, so we'd probably want to tag the
import from ICS somehow, so the entire set could be overwritten by a
fresh import regularly -- once or twice a day ought to be more than
enough.

> Milestone .ics or something for general schedules by topic/team/task/user
> Check for duplicated
> Integrate with some webchat for calendar dates? or just a link with info?

I probably forgot what this integration meant; can you explain it?

> General priority
>
> *Event/meeting/schedule page:*
> Bio data
> Link to wiki
> Owner
>
> *Form:*
> Bio (retrieved from FAS? or wiki link?)
> schedule/event/meeting to change
> everytime a change is made, should send a mail
>
> *Later:*
> Sync zodbot with a meeting schedule, so he automaticaly start a meeting.
> FAS integration to determine which team you are in

This last bit might not be as hard as we think -- it would be possible
to do this based on roles perhaps, which can already map to a FAS
group.  However, if there is not one reliable FAS group to know if a
person's on a team, that could get harder.  Or it might be solved by
changing the schema in AuthFAS to allow more than just 1-to-1 mapping
of FAS group <-> Drupal role ID (rid).

* * *

This looks fairly complete to me, Maria, thank you.  Now how do we
want to take this list forward to the meetings and track?