[Insight] Use cases for events and FUDCon websites

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 26 21:36:26 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Peter Borsa <peter.borsa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to ask something from you. Kévin asked who maintains
> FUDCons' websites[0] a month ago and Saleem also answered.[1]
> We have some use cases for events[2] and it seems to me these things
> almost the same things. I wouldn't reinvent the wheel that's why I ask
> you. What do you think, how do we handle the events part in Insight?
>
> [0] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fudcon-planning/2012-May/003606.html
> [1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fudcon-planning/2012-May/003624.html
> [2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Insight_use_cases_for_events

I would love to see us get to where we can use Insight for events,
especially our premier events such as FUDCons.  I'll list a few use
cases below, knowing full well that I don't have time right now to
implement them myself.

1) Have people register for the events on Insight, rather than on the
wiki.  This makes it easier for us to send out reminder emails to
attendees, etc.
2) Have event organizers put all the information in Insight, where it
can handle multiple languages better than the wiki does currently.
(And, to be honest, right now some of the information is on the wiki,
some is on the event websites.)
3) Allow people to propose talks (and perhaps even vote on the talks
they'd like to attend) via the website.

--
Jared Smith
Director of Open Source Outreach