Lightweight desktop

ufa ufa at technotroll.org
Sun Dec 16 14:35:03 UTC 2012

Hello,
I have an old eeepc with disk limitation (4 GB ssd), so I have to use a desktop with small disk footprint.
I did a minimal fedora 17 instalation, and installed LXDE group. It is working good, but I have to deal with a problem:
I cannot see usb drives in file manager, it does not auto mount. But I can mount them in command line.
Maybe it have something to do with the way I am using lxde? I am starting it with startx, so using init 3.
Do I have to switch to init 5 to make it work? I don't mind using init 5, but how I do it without installing lots of packages?

Thanks in advance,
ufa