Lightweight desktop

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 10:12:24 UTC 2012

Am Sonntag, den 16.12.2012, 12:35 -0200 schrieb ufa:

> I cannot see usb drives in file manager, it does not auto mount. But I
> can mount them in command line.
> Maybe it have something to do with the way I am using lxde? I am
> starting it with startx, so using init 3.
> Do I have to switch to init 5 to make it work? I don't mind using init
> 5, but how I do it without installing lots of packages?

Hi,

permissions for removable devices are handled through ConsoleKit. If you
are logging in from init 3, you need to start a ConsoleKit session
manually. Add the command "ck-launch-session" to /usr/bin/startlxde,
probably right at the beginning in line 2.

If you use a login manager, this will happen automatically. I suggest to
use lxdm or lightdm-gtk, they don't have many dependencies. You then
need to enable runlevel 5 as described in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Systemd#How_do_I_change_the_default_runlevel.3F

Kind regards,
Christoph