[fedora-my] Invitation letter for contributors who are attending from India/Sri Lanka/Bangladesh

Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 06:26:10 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Gunesh Raj <gunesh.raj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Invitation letter not from the govt won't guarantee a approval at least from
> our end,

Hi Gunesh,

at the moment its only india/bangladesh and sri lanka. Several of them
had came to Malaysia earlier for Mozilla AsiaCamp, and they said they
only need an invitation letter. I can ask from them for a sample from
the Mozilla AsiaCamp.

IMO, unless they are having problem to apply with just invitation
letter, I dont see the need to request for letter of good conduct.
When they are having trouble, then maybe we go for this route, mainly
because:

* The process requires us to coordinate to request for details from
those involved.
* It incurs additional cost

> What normally was done would be to get the entire list of contributors,
> apply them as a whole & with the govt cert, it would be easier for them.
> Remember their country would need to look at it as well, countries like
> Pakistan for e.g. might have some issues.
> An invitation letter would only suffice when theres adequate referrals.
> I recommend this as we have ample time to coordinate, else best to stick
> with an invitation letter for 2-3 days stay.

http://www.inigo-tech.com
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866  5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331